Sanford Animal Hospital was built and founded at its current location by Dr. William K. Settle in 1959. After two decades of being Sanford's country veterinarian, "Dr. Bill" expanded and renovated his building. In 1980, his daughter, Dr. Katherine Settle, came back home to Sanford to practice veterinary medicine with her husband, Dr. John Shontz.
The original practice included the care and treatment of all species of animals including an ambulatory service for farm animals and horses, and 24/7 emergency services. Due to increasing business, Drs. John and Katherine opened a second practice in the northwest part of Lee County and transferred all the large animal work over there.
In 1999, another major building expansion was completed. We currently dedicate our practice and concentrate our expertise on the wellness of our canine and feline friends.
We are dedicated to exceeding our clients' expectations in a compassionate and fun atmosphere. We have nothing of greater value than our people. Our patients' wellness is our top priority.
Working together to ensure your pet a long and healthy LIFE.
We serve communities in the Sanford, NC area. Please call (919) 775-7945 today with questions.